According to The Associated Press, Sean Penn met yesterday with Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez, who told reporters that the actor might shoot a movie in the country. The project in question appears to be an adaptation of The Lost Steps, a 1953 novel by Cuban writer Alejo Carpentier about an American anthropologist who travels to the jungle near Venezuela’s Orinoco river. Penn’s rep could not be reached for comment.
Oct 29 2009 06:00 AM ET
Sean Penn may shoot in Venezuela, says president Hugo Chavez
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- 'Channing All Over Your Tatum': Kimmel clip
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Miss USA 2013: Our recap in pictures
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- 'Man of Steel' gets religion?