According to the Hollywood Reporter, ABC is working with Biggest Loser executive producer J.D. Roth for a new reality show, tentatively titled Obese, in which extremely overweight individuals lose hundreds of pounds over the course of a full year. The net has ordered eight one-hour episodes, scheduled to air in 2011. “This is a unique story that hasn’t been told yet,” Roth told THR. “There’s something great and transformative when you take the game element out of it and just focus on one man or woman over the course of a year and there’s no prize at the end.”
ABC to produce 'Obese' weight loss show
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'SNL' adds Leslie Jones as cast member
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
Top 5 Most Read
- Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature 'Moana'
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of 'Walking Dead'?
- 'Gotham' costume secrets: Revealing details you may have missed
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack to be released on cassette tapes
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: A pecs-tacular shirtless week