Nickelodeon, the kids channel owned by Viacom, has purchased the global property rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the Mirage Group and 4Kids Entertainment for $60 million, according to Variety. The deal paves the way for Nick to start producing a CG-animated TV series for the heroes in a half shell. The show is scheduled to begin airing in 2012. Also planned for that year is a new Turtles feature film that will be released by Viacom’s Paramount Pictures.
Nickelodeon acquires Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Jodi Picoult's 'Leaving Time': First Look
- 'Once Upon a Time': Flying monkeys!
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll down a familiar road
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Clone Wars': Final 13 answer big 'Star Wars' Q's
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away'