Nickelodeon, the kids channel owned by Viacom, has purchased the global property rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the Mirage Group and 4Kids Entertainment for $60 million, according to Variety. The deal paves the way for Nick to start producing a CG-animated TV series for the heroes in a half shell. The show is scheduled to begin airing in 2012. Also planned for that year is a new Turtles feature film that will be released by Viacom’s Paramount Pictures.
Oct 21 2009 07:51 PM ET
Nickelodeon acquires Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- 'DWTS' poll: Who deserves to win?
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'SNL' Host of the Year: Vote!
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale