Singer Beyoncé has postponed an upcoming concert in Malaysia following Islamic conservatives’ accusations regarding the show’s morality, according to The Associated Press. The New York Times, however, reports that the Malaysian entertainment company attached to the show — Marctensia — claimed Beyoncé’s decision had “nothing to do with other external reasons.” Conservatives in the country were concerned about the singer’s provocative costumes. Beyoncé had previously canceled a performance in 2007 in Malaysia after protest threats arose regarding her wardrobe.
Beyoncé postpones Malaysia concert
- Grammy nominations: 9 snubs/surprises
- Grammys 2014 nominees are...
- 'Downton Abbey' U.K. Xmas special: Spoilery teaser
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Grammy Nominations Concert': Your take?
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
- 'Sound of Music': Laura Benanti on big night
- Music on TV: What was THAT song?
Top 5 Most Read
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees
- 'Sound of Music' ratings soar: NBC's biggest Thursday in 4 years
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Revolution,' 'Supernatural': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room
- Grammy nomination snubs and surprises: Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Lorde and more
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian