Survivor first-season winner Richard Hatch completed a federal sentence today for evading taxes on his winnings, according to the AP. He was freed shortly before 6 a.m. from a jail in Bourne, Mass. and was driven home by sheriff’s deputies to the apartment he shares with his sister in Rhode Island. He and his sister declined to comment to the media. Hatch also failed to pay taxes on $327,000 he earned as co-host of a Boston radio show, as well as $28,000 in income from rental property. He was convicted and sent to prison in 2006; the judge added extra prison time to his sentence after finding he had lied on the stand.
Oct 16 2009 06:25 PM ET
'Survivor' winner Richard Hatch completes federal sentence for evading taxes
- Danielle Bradbery deal with Big Machine
- 'Voice': Danielle Bradbery wins season 4
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson: Shakespeare in N.Y.
- 'Veronica Mars': Max Greenfield's in
- 'Way Way Back' featurette: First Look
- George Lucas: No 'Star Wars' chat with J.J.
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Aubrey Plaza + Jake Johnson in music vid