Legendary actress Elizabeth Taylor underwent heart surgery on Tuesday to repair a leaky mitral valve, and according to her Twitter page — of late, her main form of public communication — the procedure went “perfectly.” The full tweets read, “Dear Friends, My heart procedure went off perfectly. It’s like having a brand new ticker. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes. / I know they all helped. Love you, Elizabeth.”
Oct 8 2009 09:03 PM ET
Elizabeth Taylor tweets that her heart surgery went 'perfectly'
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- 'DWTS': Moment of silence for Oklahoma
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- John Barrowman: 'Sing Your Face Off' host
- 'Mike & Molly' tornado episode pulled
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- 'SNL': A 'Lovely Day' ends an era
- Taylor Swift: About that unicorn tee...