Former Republican congressman and current ‘Star’ Tom DeLay will announce his departure from season 9 of ABC’s Dancing With the Stars on tonight’s 9 p.m. results show, according to E!’s Malkin and People. Stress fractures in both of DeLay’s feet had recently turned serious enough for the show’s producers and medical staff to advise him not to perform in Monday night’s show; DeLay danced the samba with a sparkly elephant on the back of his jacket anyway. An ABC rep declined to comment to EW.
Tom DeLay to bow out of 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Strangers'
- 'Once Upon a Time'; 'Revenge'; 'The Affair'; 'Homeland'; more TV recaps
- 'Good Wife'; 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'; more TV recaps
- Walking Dead': Steven Yeun talks Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Terminus
- 'Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz on Abraham's big push to get to D.C.
- 'Family Guy': Cookies, cough syrup, and Connie Britton in 'Baking Bad'
- 'The Simpsons': 25 best 'Treehouse of Horror' segments
- 'Manhattan' season finale: Series boss Sam Shaw answers burning Q's