An attorney for the man who allegedly tried to extort $2 million from David Letterman appeared on NBC’s Today show Oct. 5. Gerald L. Shargel, who represents alleged blackmailer Robert “Joe” Halderman, told Today host Ann Curry that Letterman and prosecutors have misrepresented his client’s actions. Shargel declined to provide many further details. “I’m not about to share more information on day four of a trial or a case, but I will say this,” the lawyer said. “The case described by the prosecution makes absolutely no sense.” (Watch the video at People.com.)
Oct 5 2009 11:06 AM ET
Alleged David Letterman extortionist's lawyer appears on 'Today'
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16
- Kellie Pickler: 'I want to hug this room'
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- Bono, Olivia Wilde join 'toilet strike'
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek