Director Eli Roth (Hostel), hot off his acting performance in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds, is working on the scripts for his next two genre films, a sci-fi movie called Endangered Species and a horror movie called Thanksgiving, according to Variety. Roth is keeping plot details under wraps for now, but says he plans to shoot the films back to back. Thanksgiving is an expansion of a fake trailer Roth made for Tarantino’s film Grindhouse. Roth is hoping to premiere his next film, the Louisiana-set exorcism film Cotton, at next year’s Sundance Film Festival.
Oct 5 2009 09:08 PM ET
Horror director Eli Roth preps 'Endangered Species' and 'Thanksgiving'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.
- 'Arrested Development': It's almost here!
- Billy Joel in 'N.Y. Times Mag': 10 tidbits
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- CBS: Full trailers for new fall shows
- 'Intervention' canceled by A&E
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!