Ashley Jewell, who was formerly engaged to Kandi Burruss, one of the stars of the Bravo reality series Real Housewives of Atlanta, died from a head injury suffered in a Friday night fight outside an Atlanta strip club where he worked, police confirmed to TV station WSBTV. Police also said that Fredrick Richardson, an employee of the club, has been arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter. Richardson, who was injured in the brawl, will be taken to Fulton County Jail after he is released by medical personnel. Burruss—a singer-songwriter and member of the now-defunct R&B group Xscape—clashed with her mother on Housewives about her relationship with Jewell, who was known as A.J. and appeared in several episodes of the show. “I could never in a million years imagine this happening,” she posted on her Twitter page. “Please pray for A.J.’s children … that’s who i’m the most concerned for. I’m about to give my swollen eyes some rest now. I just wanted to say thanks two everyone for their prayers.”
Ex-fiance of 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' cast member killed
- 'True Detective' finale: Talk about it
- HBO GO problems hit 'True Detective'
- 'Looking' creator on season 1 finale and beyond
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'New York City Serenade'
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- 'Once Upon a Time': Jennifer Morrison on Emma in Oz
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- 'Cosmos' then and now: The 'personal voyage' of Carl Sagan,…