Ashley Jewell, who was formerly engaged to Kandi Burruss, one of the stars of the Bravo reality series Real Housewives of Atlanta, died from a head injury suffered in a Friday night fight outside an Atlanta strip club where he worked, police confirmed to TV station WSBTV. Police also said that Fredrick Richardson, an employee of the club, has been arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter. Richardson, who was injured in the brawl, will be taken to Fulton County Jail after he is released by medical personnel. Burruss—a singer-songwriter and member of the now-defunct R&B group Xscape—clashed with her mother on Housewives about her relationship with Jewell, who was known as A.J. and appeared in several episodes of the show. “I could never in a million years imagine this happening,” she posted on her Twitter page. “Please pray for A.J.’s children … that’s who i’m the most concerned for. I’m about to give my swollen eyes some rest now. I just wanted to say thanks two everyone for their prayers.”
Ex-fiance of 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' cast member killed
- Reality TV's most appalling shows (so far)
- Coldplay brings new songs to SXSW
- 'Big Bang Theory' renewed for three more years
- 'L&O: SVU': Pablo Schreiber returning
- 'Tomorrow People': Looking for them on Mondays?
- Matthew McConaughey: How he got 'Alright' x 3
- 'Orphan Black'/Criminally Underrated gems: EW cover
- 'Orphan Black' exclusive: Three clones in one photo!
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Flash' first full body costume photo
- Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' finale and 'After the Final Rose'
- This Week's Cover: Angelina Jolie is 'Maleficent'! An exclusive in-depth interview
- 'Game of Thrones' team: 7 seasons is the plan
- This Week's Cover: The criminally underrated 'Orphan Black'