Ashley Jewell, who was formerly engaged to Kandi Burruss, one of the stars of the Bravo reality series Real Housewives of Atlanta, died from a head injury suffered in a Friday night fight outside an Atlanta strip club where he worked, police confirmed to TV station WSBTV. Police also said that Fredrick Richardson, an employee of the club, has been arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter. Richardson, who was injured in the brawl, will be taken to Fulton County Jail after he is released by medical personnel. Burruss—a singer-songwriter and member of the now-defunct R&B group Xscape—clashed with her mother on Housewives about her relationship with Jewell, who was known as A.J. and appeared in several episodes of the show. “I could never in a million years imagine this happening,” she posted on her Twitter page. “Please pray for A.J.’s children … that’s who i’m the most concerned for. I’m about to give my swollen eyes some rest now. I just wanted to say thanks two everyone for their prayers.”
Ex-fiance of 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' cast member killed
- Paul Thomas Anderson's L.A. movies: Cinematic peaks nurtured in the Valley
- 15 real-world achievements by the fake 'Stephen Colbert'
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- 24 movies we're lining up for in 2015
- 19 TV shows we'll be checking out in 2015
- 20 albums we can't wait to hear in 2015
- 20 books we'll read in 2015
- Reese Witherspoon and Cheryl Strayed find the meaning of 'Wild'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst reacts to the winner, Reed's harsh comments, and the entire season
- 'Survivor' season finale recap: The Right Person Won
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Game of Thrones': See Arya's radical new costume design -- exclusive