Ashley Jewell, who was formerly engaged to Kandi Burruss, one of the stars of the Bravo reality series Real Housewives of Atlanta, died from a head injury suffered in a Friday night fight outside an Atlanta strip club where he worked, police confirmed to TV station WSBTV. Police also said that Fredrick Richardson, an employee of the club, has been arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter. Richardson, who was injured in the brawl, will be taken to Fulton County Jail after he is released by medical personnel. Burruss—a singer-songwriter and member of the now-defunct R&B group Xscape—clashed with her mother on Housewives about her relationship with Jewell, who was known as A.J. and appeared in several episodes of the show. “I could never in a million years imagine this happening,” she posted on her Twitter page. “Please pray for A.J.’s children … that’s who i’m the most concerned for. I’m about to give my swollen eyes some rest now. I just wanted to say thanks two everyone for their prayers.”
Ex-fiance of 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' cast member killed
- 'Bottles' of the good stuff: 5 episodes to pore over
- Lea Michele to guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'
- 'Sin City 2' red-band trailer: 'This rotten town...'
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- Comic-Con '14: Eye on day 3 panels
- Comic-Con '14: Celebs make the rounds, day 3
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': First teaser trailer