Warner Bros. is developing a stage musical based on children’s classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Sam Mendes may direct through his Neal Street Productions, which is producing the project. Scottish playwright David Greig is writing the book, while Hairspray‘s Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman will compose the music.
'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' musical planned
- 'Walking Dead' season 5 im-posters: We retrofit classic promo art style to each episode
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 22 'shop 'til you drop!' movies
- John Hughes: 12 essential films from director of a Thanksgiving classic
- 'Star Wars' trailer wish list: VII things we hope to see
- Thanksgiving Day Parade recap: EW's play-by-play
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Star Wars' trailer wishlist: VII things we hope to see
- Oh wait, never mind: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer coming to iTunes today
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst reveals how he orders the votes at Tribal Council
- 'Twilight Saga': Thank It For...
- 'Walking Dead' Season 5 Im-posters: We Retrofit Classic Promo Art Style to Each Episode