Warner Bros. is developing a stage musical based on children’s classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Sam Mendes may direct through his Neal Street Productions, which is producing the project. Scottish playwright David Greig is writing the book, while Hairspray‘s Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman will compose the music.
'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' musical planned
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Amy Adams and One Direction
- Craig Ferguson signs off 'Late Late Show' with an all-star 'Drum' corps--and a dream
- 20 top Xmas movies ever
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 great gift ideas
- 'Big Bang Theory': 15 solutions if you're shopping for a fan
- 'Mad Men': 20 gift ideas for dapper Dons (or Bettys)
- 'Girls' fans (and their guys) will love these 13 gift ideas
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
Top 5 Most Read
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever