Warner Bros. is developing a stage musical based on children’s classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Sam Mendes may direct through his Neal Street Productions, which is producing the project. Scottish playwright David Greig is writing the book, while Hairspray‘s Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman will compose the music.
'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' musical planned
- 'Project Runway All Stars': Look who's back for another round
- 'Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln: Fear the beard in season 5
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And our first night scores are...
- 'Facts of Life' cast reunites, shares memories at PaleyFest
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- Bill Hader reminisces about Stefon with TV hubby Seth Meyers
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- 'Flash': How it went from concept to series in 5 superfast steps
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- Ryan Murphy on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'This season, once you die, you're dead'
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Tapestry Revealed
- 'Revenge' first look: Watch the trailer for season 4