Warner Bros. is developing a stage musical based on children’s classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Sam Mendes may direct through his Neal Street Productions, which is producing the project. Scottish playwright David Greig is writing the book, while Hairspray‘s Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman will compose the music.
'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' musical planned
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- Zach Snyder shares latest Batman image on Twitter
- 'Teen Wolf' cartwheels into Comic-Con
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- Comic-Con '14: EW's celebrity GIF guide, day 1
- Key & Peele: See new sketch screened at Comic-Con
- 'Community' back 'probably sometime after Christmas'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here