Kelly Hu, who previously appeared in The Scorpion King and X-Men 2, has signed on to star in indie romantic comedy Almost Perfect. Hu will play a 30-something career woman who has to juggle her high-maintenance family just when she finds the perfect boyfriend. Writer/director Bertha Bay-Sa Pan said in a statement: “I am so excited to work with Kelly, who not only kicks butt as an action hero, but is also an incredibly thoughtful and nuanced actor, with a killer sense of humor.” The film will start shooting this month in New York City.
Oct 1 2009 07:08 PM ET
Kelly Hu to star in romantic comedy 'Almost Perfect'
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- Edward Furlong charged with assault in L.A.
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- 'Anchorman 2': We know that mustache...
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Prometheus' sequel hires a new writer