LA Candy, the first novel from The Hills‘ former star Lauren Conrad, is headed to the big screen. According to Variety, Temple Hill Entertainment (the company executive producing Twilight sequels New Moon and Eclipse) has acquired screen rights to the book. Conrad will executive produce the film. The story follows a 19-year-old, Jane Roberts, who moves to Hollywood and deals with sudden fame on a reality TV show. Conrad plans two more books on the character.
Sep 30 2009 12:00 AM ET
Lauren Conrad's 'LA Candy' gets film deal
- 'Anchorman 2': We know that mustache...
- Patricia Clarkson joins 'Maze Runner' cast
- Betty White's Facebook post (in longhand)
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Prometheus' sequel hires a new writer
- Russell Brand jolts 'Morning Joe': Watch
- Dan Harmon sorry for 'Community' slam
- Ryan Reynolds exits 'Highlander' remake