Longtime Grammy Awards producer Pierre Cossette has died at the age of 85, Variety reports. He died of congestive heart failure near his home in Quebec, Canada. He ran the Grammy Awards from 1971 until his son John took over in 2005. It was Cossette Productions that transformed the Grammys from an industry insider event to a nationally televised extravaganza. Pierre Cossette also started the Latin Grammy Awards in 2000.
Sep 11 2009 11:55 PM ET
Grammy producer Pierre Cossette dies at 85
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- Google Doodle: Teen's 'Best Day Ever'
- Lea Michele's first book in spring 2014
- 'Modern Family': It's a Sunshine State day
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer