Warner Bros. has hired Guy Ritchie (Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) to direct Lobo, a live-action adaptation of the DC Comics bounty hunter story, according to Variety. The film, which is set to start production early next year, will follow Lobo — a seven-foot tall, blue-skinned alien (no, he’s not one of James Cameron’s Na’vi) — as he travels to Earth to track down four fugitives. The film will be Ritchie’s follow up to Sherlock Holmes, which stars Robert Downey Jr. and arrives in theaters on Christmas Day.
Guy Ritchie set to ride with 'Lobo'
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast, Movies, at SAG Awards; see full list of honorees
- 'Orange Is the New Black,' 'Downton Abbey' casts win SAG Awards; see all TV winners
- Miss Universe 2015: 10 out of this world moments
- SAG Awards 2015: 10 favorite speeches
- SAG Awards 2015: Red carpet arrivals
- EW's SAG Awards Party 2015: What the stars wore
- 'Downton Abbey'; 'SNL'; 'Galavant'; 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' recaps
- 'Revenge'; 'Girls'; 'Togetherness'; 'Looking' recaps