Warner Bros. has hired Guy Ritchie (Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) to direct Lobo, a live-action adaptation of the DC Comics bounty hunter story, according to Variety. The film, which is set to start production early next year, will follow Lobo — a seven-foot tall, blue-skinned alien (no, he’s not one of James Cameron’s Na’vi) — as he travels to Earth to track down four fugitives. The film will be Ritchie’s follow up to Sherlock Holmes, which stars Robert Downey Jr. and arrives in theaters on Christmas Day.
Guy Ritchie set to ride with 'Lobo'
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: Let's think this through
- 'Sound of Music': 3 dress rehearsal photos
- Bill Hader on Stefon's goodbye: Best of 2013
- 'Veronica Mars' out 3/14/14 -- and we have a clip!
- Sundance 2014: What's playing this year
- Lance Reddick joins 'American Horror Story: Coven'
- 'AHS: Coven' peek: Who's at the door?
- 'Mob City': What to expect
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1426
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 677
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 394
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 356
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' casts Marcia Gay Harden as Christian Grey's mother
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'American Horror Story': Watch Cordelia and the 'Coven' plot Fiona's murder -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- Gal Gadot to star as Wonder Woman in 'Batman Vs. Superman'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: You are My Sunshine