Fashion designer Anand Jon Alexander was sentenced to 59 years to life in prison Monday for sexually assaulting seven young women and girls he lured with promises of modeling jobs, The Los Angeles Times reports. Alexander, who appeared as a guest judge on America’s Next Top Model, was convicted last November of 16 counts of rape, sexual assault, and other crimes. The judge gave Alexander the maximum sentence on all but two of the charges, saying his use of violence and cruelty posed a danger to young women everywhere. Before his 2007 arrest, the designer — who used the professional name Anand Jon — had been recognized as an up-and-coming fashion star, dressing the likes of Paris Hilton and Mary J. Blige. The 35-year-old now faces similar charges in New York and Texas.
Sep 1 2009 09:12 AM ET
'Top Model' designer sentenced to 59 years to life for sexual assaults
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- Seth Meyers on 'SNL' transition: 'Today'
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?
- 'Warehouse 13' canceled by Syfy
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- Kanye video projected onto 66 buildings