Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will join the growing list of singers and entertainers serving as guest judges on season 9 of American Idol, EW.com has learned exclusively. Sources close to the show say Lavigne and Perry will each spend one day critiquing singing hopefuls when the show films its callback audition episode in Los Angeles; the latter singer was confirmed as an Idol sub several weeks ago, but had not been scheduled. Other names confirmed to fill the seat formerly held by Paula Abdul during season 9 include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joe Jonas.
'American Idol' exclusive: Avril Lavigne joins Katy Perry as guest judge in L.A.
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef': Tasty starter for SXSW
- 27 DreamWorks animated movies: We rank 'em
- 10 signs you're watching a Wes Anderson movie
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 'Need for Speed' cast's abused cars
- Seth MacFarlane: Inside the new 'Cosmos' ship
- 'Reign'-ing sound? TV tunes of the week
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Reign': Are the uncensored sex scenes all that different?
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments -- VIDEO
- 27 DreamWorks Animated Movies: We Rank 'em!