Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will join the growing list of singers and entertainers serving as guest judges on season 9 of American Idol, EW.com has learned exclusively. Sources close to the show say Lavigne and Perry will each spend one day critiquing singing hopefuls when the show films its callback audition episode in Los Angeles; the latter singer was confirmed as an Idol sub several weeks ago, but had not been scheduled. Other names confirmed to fill the seat formerly held by Paula Abdul during season 9 include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joe Jonas.
'American Idol' exclusive: Avril Lavigne joins Katy Perry as guest judge in L.A.
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'SNL' lights up Sia's 'Chandelier,' more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat'
- 'Showrunners' documentary: Insights from Kurt Sutter, Hart Hanson, Mike Kelley
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
Top 5 Most Read
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more