Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will join the growing list of singers and entertainers serving as guest judges on season 9 of American Idol, EW.com has learned exclusively. Sources close to the show say Lavigne and Perry will each spend one day critiquing singing hopefuls when the show films its callback audition episode in Los Angeles; the latter singer was confirmed as an Idol sub several weeks ago, but had not been scheduled. Other names confirmed to fill the seat formerly held by Paula Abdul during season 9 include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joe Jonas.
'American Idol' exclusive: Avril Lavigne joins Katy Perry as guest judge in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' costars eagerly spill Andrew Lincoln's hairy secrets
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance'; 'Top Chef Duels' recaps
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': Cressida, Gale among new character posters
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Fly through the air with the greatest unease
- 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop to hit Manhattan in September
- 'Arrow' casts Rila Fukushima as Katana after Devon Aoki exit
- 'Outlander' author Diana Gabaldon visits 18th-century Scotland: First Look
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Sneak peek at season 10 DVD's gag reel
Top 5 Most Read
- David Chase finally reveals Tony's fate on 'The Sopranos' (Updated)
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': Meet the rebel army
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: New teaser takes viewers under the big top
- Exclusive: 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop hits Manhattan
- Hello Kitty isn't a cat, but is anything really anything anymore, man?