Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will join the growing list of singers and entertainers serving as guest judges on season 9 of American Idol, EW.com has learned exclusively. Sources close to the show say Lavigne and Perry will each spend one day critiquing singing hopefuls when the show films its callback audition episode in Los Angeles; the latter singer was confirmed as an Idol sub several weeks ago, but had not been scheduled. Other names confirmed to fill the seat formerly held by Paula Abdul during season 9 include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joe Jonas.
'American Idol' exclusive: Avril Lavigne joins Katy Perry as guest judge in L.A.
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: What we saw
- 'Survivor' quick take: See who got voted out
- 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5: 7 rumors debunked
- Jim Carrey is Aidy Bryant's Mr. Fright in 'SNL' Halloween promos
- Meet Julie Meyer on new episode of EW's 'Polished': Actress gets Zen about the Hollywood grind