Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will join the growing list of singers and entertainers serving as guest judges on season 9 of American Idol, EW.com has learned exclusively. Sources close to the show say Lavigne and Perry will each spend one day critiquing singing hopefuls when the show films its callback audition episode in Los Angeles; the latter singer was confirmed as an Idol sub several weeks ago, but had not been scheduled. Other names confirmed to fill the seat formerly held by Paula Abdul during season 9 include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joe Jonas.
'American Idol' exclusive: Avril Lavigne joins Katy Perry as guest judge in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' midseason finale: Who won't survive?
- 'Hunger Games' costar Willow Shields on her Comic-Con fan-girl moment
- Worst sitcom title ever? We might have a new contender
- 'True Detective' roles for Rachel McAdams, Taylor Kitsch, Kelly Reilly
- Angelina Jolie and Jack O'Connell are 'Unbroken': See new EW cover
- Broadway star Tavi Gevinson picks her fave books; we pick her brain on creativity for 'Lightbulb'
- 'Pan' First Look: Hugh Jackman as villain pirate...but don't call him Hook
- American Music Awards '14: We grade the performances