Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will join the growing list of singers and entertainers serving as guest judges on season 9 of American Idol, EW.com has learned exclusively. Sources close to the show say Lavigne and Perry will each spend one day critiquing singing hopefuls when the show films its callback audition episode in Los Angeles; the latter singer was confirmed as an Idol sub several weeks ago, but had not been scheduled. Other names confirmed to fill the seat formerly held by Paula Abdul during season 9 include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joe Jonas.
'American Idol' exclusive: Avril Lavigne joins Katy Perry as guest judge in L.A.
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 'Big Brother'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 'Downton Abbey' trailer: Servants are people too? 'Preferably only on their days off'
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity getting close
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness