Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will join the growing list of singers and entertainers serving as guest judges on season 9 of American Idol, EW.com has learned exclusively. Sources close to the show say Lavigne and Perry will each spend one day critiquing singing hopefuls when the show films its callback audition episode in Los Angeles; the latter singer was confirmed as an Idol sub several weeks ago, but had not been scheduled. Other names confirmed to fill the seat formerly held by Paula Abdul during season 9 include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joe Jonas.
'American Idol' exclusive: Avril Lavigne joins Katy Perry as guest judge in L.A.
- 'Star Wars' trailer geek out: Secrets stuffed into those 88 seconds?
- 'Star Wars': 7 most important things we learned from first trailer
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer is here
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'You're Taking Off My Tan'
- 25 superlative Scrooges
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Agents of SHIELD,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Angelina Jolie's 'Unbroken' promise to tell Louis Zamperini's story: 'His life is so big'
- 'Once Upon a Time' preview: Storybrooke braces for the Spell of Shattered Sight