Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will join the growing list of singers and entertainers serving as guest judges on season 9 of American Idol, EW.com has learned exclusively. Sources close to the show say Lavigne and Perry will each spend one day critiquing singing hopefuls when the show films its callback audition episode in Los Angeles; the latter singer was confirmed as an Idol sub several weeks ago, but had not been scheduled. Other names confirmed to fill the seat formerly held by Paula Abdul during season 9 include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joe Jonas.
'American Idol' exclusive: Avril Lavigne joins Katy Perry as guest judge in L.A.
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'Bleeding Through'
- 'Game of Thrones': Aidan Gillen says...
- 'Dick Van Dyke Show' finale: 'we were doing a classic'
- 'The Cripple of Inishmaan': EW stage review
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Salem' series premiere: Our take...and yours?
- 'Turn' react: 'Of Cabbage and Kings'
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- Box office report: 'Captain America' crosses $200 million in its third week
- Fox executive fired over Flight 370 charity email