Chris Brown, in a statement released to People.com, says that he does in fact remember hitting Rihanna, refuting a widely circulated clip of an upcoming interview with CNN’s Larry King in which Brown said “no” when asked if he remembered assaulting the singer. Brown claims he “misspoke,” stating that he was asked “something like four or five times” about the attack during the hour-long interview, and “the first four times – or however many times it was – I gave the same answer – which was that I didn’t think it was appropriate for me to talk about what happened that night.” Brown goes on to say, “Of course I remember what happened. Several times during the interview, my mother said that I came to her right afterwards and told her everything. But it was and still is a blur. And yes, I still can’t believe it happened because it is not me or who I am, nor is what happened like anything I have ever done before.”
Aug 31 2009 08:33 PM ET
Chris Brown says he does remember hitting Rihanna
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Amanda Bynes: 'Don't believe any reports'
- 'Fast & Furious 6': Sung Kang says...
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!