CBS has come on board for a new multicamera comedy script by Gail Lerner (Will & Grace), according to The Hollywood Reporter. The network has committed to the pilot of the tentatively titled Open Books, about a book editor and her circle of friends. The show will be relationship-driven as the big-hearted editor gets overly involved in the lives of her friends, mother and clients.
Aug 31 2009 11:49 PM ET
CBS on board for 'Open Books' from 'Will & Grace' alum
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Amanda Bynes: 'Don't believe any reports'
- 'Fast & Furious 6': Sung Kang says...
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!