Four studios — Paramount, Sony, Warner Bros. and Lionsgate — have each agreed to make their films available for download-to-own on DivX-compatible electronics via the Film Fresh website, reports Home Media Magazine. Consumers can transfer the downloaded movies to DVD, USB drives, SD memory cards, and portable hard drives. The films are being offered on the digital media format DivX, which works with DVD and Blu-ray disc players as well as digital HDTVs and gaming consoles. Older films are expected to sell for $9.99 per download, while a new release will go for $15.99.
Aug 26 2009 08:44 PM ET
Four studios make films available for download-to-own on DivX-compatible devices
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer
- 'Only God Forgives': Cannes review
- Cassadee Pope: Hear her new single
- Jeanne Cooper tribute: First Look photo
- 'Idol': Candice Glover album out July 16
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16