Survivor champion Richard Hatch, completing a jail sentence for tax evasion and perjury with home confinement in Rhode Island, was taken back into federal custody yesterday and is currently being held by the Barnstable (Mass.) County Sheriff’s Office. Traci Billingsley, Chief Public Information Officer for the Bureau of Prisons, would not specify why Hatch was returned to prison, but says such actions are generally taken in cases where the inmate failed to follow home confinement procedures or there was a need for additonal supervision. On Tuesday morning, Hatch had appeared on NBC’s Today Show, and he made the accusation that he had served a jail term only because of his homosexuality. However, Billingsley says the latest incarceration “had nothing to do with The Today Show.”
Richard Hatch re-imprisoned
- 'Walking Dead' cast not tight-lipped about season 5 trailer
- 10 best videos at Comic-Con 2014
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'New Girl' True American drinking game: The day I gave it a shot...
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'Scream for Me'
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: The finale
- 'Leftovers': Why 'Gladys' is the last straw for EW critic
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- PopWatch Confessional: I tried to play 'New Girl's fake drinking game
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- Paramount deletes tweet of Australian 'TMNT' poster amid 9/11 controversy