According to Variety, Kate Winslet will star in a mini-series adaptation of Mildred Pierce, a thriller based on James M. Cain’s novel about a bored housewife-turned-entrepreneur undone by her own lust for power. Joan Crawford won an Oscar for playing the title role in a 1945 film version of the novel. I’m Not There director Todd Haynes will direct the mini-series, which HBO is said to be interested in buying.
Kate Winslet signs on for 'Mildred Pierce' redo
- Gene Simmons to Hall of Fame: KISS off!
- Reality TV's most appalling shows (so far)
- 'Big Bang Theory' renewed for three more years
- 'L&O: SVU': Pablo Schreiber returning
- 'Tomorrow People': Looking for them on Mondays?
- Matthew McConaughey: How he got 'Alright' x 3
- 'Orphan Black'/Criminally Underrated gems: EW cover
- 'Orphan Black' exclusive: Three clones in one photo!
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Flash' first full body costume photo
- Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' finale and 'After the Final Rose'
- This Week's Cover: Angelina Jolie is 'Maleficent'! An exclusive in-depth interview
- 'Game of Thrones' team: 7 seasons is the plan
- This Week's Cover: The criminally underrated 'Orphan Black'