Michael Douglas and Diandra Douglas released a statement today about their son Cameron, who is facing drug-trafficking charges, reports People. “The family is devastated and very disappointed in Cameron’s recent behavior. Any family who has dealt with substance abuse knows how devastating it can be,” read the statement. Cameron, 30, is currently being held at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City for violating his home detention by allegedly having his girlfriend, Kelly Sott, bring him an electric toothbrush that contained a stash of heroin, a corrections center spokesperson told the magazine. He’d been confined to an apartment in Manhattan after being arrested on charges of distributing methamphetamine.
Aug 12 2009 08:30 PM ET
Michael Douglas: Family 'devastated and very disappointed' by son's behavior
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Amanda Bynes: 'Don't believe any reports'
- 'Fast & Furious 6': Sung Kang says...
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!