The Comedy Central roast of Joan Rivers on Sunday only attracted 2.8 million viewers, a 32% percent drop from the network’s last special that poked fun at Larry the Cable Guy (4.1 million) in March, according to Variety. Given the appeal of previous roasts involving Bill Engvall (6.2 million) and Pamela Anderson (4.3 million), the network reportedly upped its roast specials this year. Brad Garrett, Tom Arnold and Robin Givens were among the comedians who participated in Rivers’ roast hosted by Kathy Griffin.
Aug 11 2009 09:18 PM ET
Joan Rivers roast fails to cook up big audience
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- Google Doodle: Teen's 'Best Day Ever'
- 'Nashville' finale: Count the cliffhangers!
- 'Modern Family': It's a Sunshine State day
- Lea Michele's first book in spring 2014
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'