Variety reports that multiple sources close to the Broadway musical production of Spider-Man insist that the show has come close to closing down completely due to cash-flow problems. However, a rep for the Julie Taymor directed show, which will feature music by U2′s Bono and The Edge, reportedly budgeted at $35 million, denies any money troubles and insists the musical will debut sometime in March.
Aug 6 2009 08:30 PM ET
'Spider-Man' Broadway musical may have cash-flow issues
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.
- 'Arrested Development': It's almost here!
- Billy Joel in 'N.Y. Times Mag': 10 tidbits
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- CBS: Full trailers for new fall shows
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!