Looks like Mischa Barton's tough times may be behind her. According to the Associated Press, a spokesman for the 23-year-old actress stated Monday his client would be returning to work on the set of the TV series The Beautiful Life, which is scheduled to begin shooting on Friday. Production on the CW drama was briefly postponed after Barton checked into an L.A. hospital almost 2 weeks ago for a still-undisclosed condition. Her rep says she has since been treated and released. Barton, who plays a drug-addicted model on the show, made her debut in the 1999 film thriller The Sixth Sense opposite Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment, before going on to greater success as a star of the hit FOX TV series The O.C.
Jul 28 2009 05:35 AM ET
Spokesman: Mischa Barton back to work 'as planned'
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?
- 'World War Z': EW movie review