Who says the theater is a dying art form? According to Variety, the acclaimed theatrical comedy-drama God of Carnage is continuing to enjoy a very robust run on the Great White Way, having pulled in over $1 million at the box office so far. The impressive earning streak is quite noteworthy for the Tony Award-winning hit considering how (a) it is not a musical and (b) the production just went ”dark” until early September. The show’s success is also a testament to the drawing power of its incredible cast – James Gandolfini, Jeff Daniels, Hope Davis, and Marcia Gay Harden — all of whom are veterans of both the big and small screen. Despite the hiatus, Broadway devotees need not fret: the show will go on (again) as of Sept. 8.
Jul 28 2009 03:21 AM ET
James Gandolfini, Jeff Daniels stage drama kills; earns $1M+ on Broadway
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- 'Channing All Over Your Tatum': Kimmel clip
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Miss USA 2013: Our recap in pictures
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- 'Man of Steel' gets religion?