High-ranking NBC television executive Ben Silverman is leaving the network, according to a press release issued July 27. Silverman, who has been NBC Entertainment's co-chairman since 2007, is said to be "returning to his entrepreneurial roots to form a new venture." Jeff Gaspin has been named chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment, effective immediately. The New York Times reports that Silverman will remain at the network until September to ease the transition, and the Associated Press reports that mogul Barry Diller's IAC/InterActiveCorp is starting a new production company headed by Silverman.
Jul 27 2009 01:48 PM ET
Ben Silverman leaves NBC
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.
- CCH Pounder gets 'Sons of Anarchy' gig