Variety reports that A. Smith and Co., producer of Hell's Kitchen, is developing Shark Boat, a reality series that will follow the owner and staff of Hawaii Shark Encounters, which lets customers enter shark-filled waters inside a protective cage. (The company's Web site claims, "If you don't see a shark, you don't pay!") Owner Stefanie Brendl founded Hawaii Shark Encounters in 2002 with her boyfriend and former host of the Discovery Channel's Shark Week, Jimmy Hall. Hall was killed in a base-jumping accident in 2007.
Jul 24 2009 03:49 AM ET
'Hell's Kitchen' producers jump into 'Shark Boat'
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- CBS: Full trailers for new fall shows
- Mary J. Blige faces $3.4M federal tax lien
- 'Intervention' canceled by A&E
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'SNL': Best host of 2012-13? YOU say it's...
- 'X-Men': Evan Peters in as Quiksilver