Sony Pictures has paid $60 million for the rights to release a movie of footage shot during Michael Jackson's rehearsals for his This Is It concert tour, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The film will hit theaters October 30. According to other reports, AEG Live, which is said to have 80 hours of rehearsal footage at its disposal, and Jackson's family will split Sony's money, with Jackson's family receiving 90 percent of the fee and establishing a charity in the late singer's name.
Report: Sony Pictures to release Michael Jackson concert film in October
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 19 TV Shows We'll Be Checking Out in 2015