Sony Pictures has paid $60 million for the rights to release a movie of footage shot during Michael Jackson's rehearsals for his This Is It concert tour, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The film will hit theaters October 30. According to other reports, AEG Live, which is said to have 80 hours of rehearsal footage at its disposal, and Jackson's family will split Sony's money, with Jackson's family receiving 90 percent of the fee and establishing a charity in the late singer's name.
Report: Sony Pictures to release Michael Jackson concert film in October
- 'Star Wars' trailer geek out: Secrets stuffed into those 88 seconds?
- 'Star Wars': 7 most important things we learned from first trailer
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer is here
- Angelina Jolie's 'Unbroken' promise to tell Louis Zamperini's story: 'His life is so big'
- 'Real World' alum Ryan Knight dies at 29
- 'Once Upon a Time' preview: Storybrooke braces for the Spell of Shattered Sight
- 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'Agents of SHIELD,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops