Sony Pictures has paid $60 million for the rights to release a movie of footage shot during Michael Jackson's rehearsals for his This Is It concert tour, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The film will hit theaters October 30. According to other reports, AEG Live, which is said to have 80 hours of rehearsal footage at its disposal, and Jackson's family will split Sony's money, with Jackson's family receiving 90 percent of the fee and establishing a charity in the late singer's name.
Report: Sony Pictures to release Michael Jackson concert film in October
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Taylor Swift as an Pegacorn; Katy Perry as a Cheeto; more celeb Halloween costumes
- 'Today'/'GMA' Halloween: Lara Spencer as Prince George; Hoda and Kathie Lee in Wayne's World
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' secret lover in new clip