Sony Pictures has paid $60 million for the rights to release a movie of footage shot during Michael Jackson's rehearsals for his This Is It concert tour, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The film will hit theaters October 30. According to other reports, AEG Live, which is said to have 80 hours of rehearsal footage at its disposal, and Jackson's family will split Sony's money, with Jackson's family receiving 90 percent of the fee and establishing a charity in the late singer's name.
Report: Sony Pictures to release Michael Jackson concert film in October
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Flash' recap: 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...
- 'Lassa Fever' to 'The Dreaming Death': 5 soap opera epidemics
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- Ray Fisher: Meet DC's 'Cyborg'
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?