Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince conjured a record-breaking $396.7 million in global box office over its five-day opening weekend, according to a Reuters report. That figure — including $159.7 million in the U.S. and a whopping $237 million in international gross across 84 markets — tops Spider-Man 3's worldwide opening record of $381.7 million, set in 2007.
Jul 20 2009 09:10 PM ET
New 'Harry Potter' sets global box office record
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' adds tornado victims tribute
- 'Voice' recap at 8 ET to be bumped by news
- 'DWTS' poll: Who deserves to win?
- 'Mortal Instruments' film now due Aug. 21
- 'Behind the Candelabra': Cannes review
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- 'Wolverine' trailer: Logan broods, fights