FX announced today that Super Size Me's Morgan Spurlock will produce and direct next year's The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special in 3-D on Ice. The documentary special, celebrating the 20th anniversary of the animated program, will air Thursday, Jan. 14 on Fox. According to FX, the documentary will focus on the "cultural phenomenon of The Simpsons." Says Spurlock in the press release: “When they first called meabout this, I thought it was a prank and I hung up…And then myagent called back and said, ‘No, no, this is for real,’ at which point Ifainted. Then when I woke up, I called everyone I knew because it was thecoolest thing I could ever get to do in mycareer.”
Morgan Spurlock tapped for 'The Simpsons' 20th anniversary special
- 'Grey's Anatomy' sneak peek: Meredith and Maggie go toe-to-toe
- 'Walking Dead': Get up to speed in 60 seconds
- Rory Gilmore Reading Project creator to dive into all 338 books named on series; 7 he's liked so far
- 'Big Bang Theory' recap: 7 favorite laugh lines
- 'Castle' season premiere: Your take on 'Driven'?
- 'Castle' boss tips us off to 5 things to look for this season
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'Gotham'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more recaps
- 'SNL': Bill Hader on chat with Lorne Michaels about Pete Davidson ('By the way, do you want to host?')
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl
- 'Castle' season 7 premiere recap: Where in the world is Richard Castle?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Raining on prom night
- 'Mythbusters': Discovery responds to fan outrage over dumping Kari Byron
- Tony Almeida wants out of solitary in new '24' Blu-ray feature