FX announced today that Super Size Me's Morgan Spurlock will produce and direct next year's The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special in 3-D on Ice. The documentary special, celebrating the 20th anniversary of the animated program, will air Thursday, Jan. 14 on Fox. According to FX, the documentary will focus on the "cultural phenomenon of The Simpsons." Says Spurlock in the press release: “When they first called meabout this, I thought it was a prank and I hung up…And then myagent called back and said, ‘No, no, this is for real,’ at which point Ifainted. Then when I woke up, I called everyone I knew because it was thecoolest thing I could ever get to do in mycareer.”
Morgan Spurlock tapped for 'The Simpsons' 20th anniversary special
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead' cast reveals how they'd like their characters to die
Top 5 Most Read
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- Summer box office: Why didn't 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' fly higher?