Plans for several new live events have been set in motion following the untimely death of Michael Jackson, according to Variety. The concert show Thriller — Live, currently on stage on London's West End, is prepped to embark on a world tour later this month with stops including Munich, Barcelona, and Paris. The show's producers have are also keen on launching a touring version in the U.S. next year. Rumors are also circulating about a memorial concert on August 29 in London's 02 Arena, where Jackson was set to begin his 50-date concert series next week. In addition, a Broadway Version of Thriller, based on Jackson's iconic 1983 music video, was already in development before the singer's death.
Jul 9 2009 07:00 AM ET
Michael Jackson's death inspires live shows
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards: 2013 winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Doctor Who' season end: Hi, my name is...
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis': Cannes review