The registration process for free tickets to Michael Jackson's public memorial service has closed. Now AEG, the company behind the memorial, is charged with the unenviable task of sorting through 1.6 million registers, "scrubbing" all entries to eliminate duplicates and those suspected to have been made by auto-entry, and randomly drawing 8,750 tickets. Fans selected will receive an email on July 5 after 11 am PST with instructions on how to obtain their two free tickets. Tickets will be distributed on July 6 at an off-site location. The service will be held on July 7 at the Staples Center or the live simulcast at the Nokia Theatre.
Jul 5 2009 03:17 PM ET
Final tally for Michael Jackson memorial: 1.6 million people register!
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- KROQ Weenie Roast concert: Watch live
- Kanye video projected onto 66 buildings
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale