Billboard magazine is reporting that at the time of Michael Jackson's death, the aging pop star was working on two albums in addition to preparing for a 50-show concert series. One album, the website reports, was in the pop vein, while another would be made up entirely instrumental classical compositions. Jackson's pop album was a collaboration with songwriter Claude Kelly and Akon, who says Jackson was motivated by his fans and by his children, who had never seen him perform live. For the classical album, composer David Michael Frank was invited to Jackson's Holmby Hills home a few months ago looking for help with orchestration.
Jul 3 2009 03:28 PM ET
Michael Jackson was reportedly working on two albums at time of death
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- 'X-Men': Evan Peters in as Quiksilver
- Apolo Anton Ohno on 'Minute to Win It': Clip
- 'SNL': Best host of 2012-13? YOU say it's...
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- 'Nebraska'; Palme d'Or prediction: Cannes
- Google Doodle: Teen's 'Best Day Ever'