Roger Friedman, the ex-Fox News entertainment columnist who was fired after reviewing an unfinished version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine via a pirated copy, has sued News Corp. for more than $5 million in lost wages and damages, according to The Los Angeles Times. In a suit filed in New York on Monday, Friedman alleges he was canned from his $250,000-per-year job illegally. News Corp owns Fox News and 20th Century Fox, the studio behind Wolverine. Friedman now blogs for The Hollywood Reporter. A Fox News spokesperson told the L.A. Times that the company has yet to be served with the suit.
Jul 1 2009 12:47 AM ET
Fired gossip columnist Roger Friedman sues News Corp.
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!