Celebrity gossip blogger Perez Hilton apologized yesterday for using a gay slur against the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am at a Toronto nightclub on June 22. "I am sorry," Hilton (né Mario Lavandeira) posted on his website. "And I mean it. No one is forcing me to write this. I am notfeeling pressured to say this. I am speaking out because I realize thatthe last few days have been more hurtful to me — and many others — thanthe repeated blows I suffered to my head in Toronto this past weekend." Hilton is suing the Peas' tour manager, Polo Molina, for $25,000 for allegedly hitting him outside the Toronto club, and says he plans to donate any money he may gain from the suit to the Matthew Shepard Foundation. However, that organization, which supports diversity programs in education, has declined the offer. "We do not know the details of the lawsuit, whether it has been filed,the nature of his claims or the likely outcome," said MSF Governing Board Chair Judy Shepard in a statement issued yesterday. "But because the lawsuitpresumably involves the physical attack prompted by Mr. Hilton'sadmitted use of an anti-gay slur, the Foundation will be unable toaccept any funds obtained in such a manner."
Perez Hilton apologizes for gay slur
- 'SNL': How'd Lena Dunham do?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- TV pilot season: 10 trends for fall
- Stephen Colbert visits Jimmy Fallon: 'Truth or Truth?'
Top 5 Most Read
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Box office update: '300: Rise of an Empire' obliterates competition with a $17.7 million Friday
- 'True Detective': The most insightful fan tributes