Celebrity gossip blogger Perez Hilton apologized yesterday for using a gay slur against the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am at a Toronto nightclub on June 22. "I am sorry," Hilton (né Mario Lavandeira) posted on his website. "And I mean it. No one is forcing me to write this. I am notfeeling pressured to say this. I am speaking out because I realize thatthe last few days have been more hurtful to me — and many others — thanthe repeated blows I suffered to my head in Toronto this past weekend." Hilton is suing the Peas' tour manager, Polo Molina, for $25,000 for allegedly hitting him outside the Toronto club, and says he plans to donate any money he may gain from the suit to the Matthew Shepard Foundation. However, that organization, which supports diversity programs in education, has declined the offer. "We do not know the details of the lawsuit, whether it has been filed,the nature of his claims or the likely outcome," said MSF Governing Board Chair Judy Shepard in a statement issued yesterday. "But because the lawsuitpresumably involves the physical attack prompted by Mr. Hilton'sadmitted use of an anti-gay slur, the Foundation will be unable toaccept any funds obtained in such a manner."
Perez Hilton apologizes for gay slur
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
Top 5 Most Read
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- This week's cover: First look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- 'Game of Thrones' cast signs on for 7th season, for a reportedly 'huge' raise