Celebrity gossip blogger Perez Hilton apologized yesterday for using a gay slur against the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am at a Toronto nightclub on June 22. "I am sorry," Hilton (né Mario Lavandeira) posted on his website. "And I mean it. No one is forcing me to write this. I am notfeeling pressured to say this. I am speaking out because I realize thatthe last few days have been more hurtful to me — and many others — thanthe repeated blows I suffered to my head in Toronto this past weekend." Hilton is suing the Peas' tour manager, Polo Molina, for $25,000 for allegedly hitting him outside the Toronto club, and says he plans to donate any money he may gain from the suit to the Matthew Shepard Foundation. However, that organization, which supports diversity programs in education, has declined the offer. "We do not know the details of the lawsuit, whether it has been filed,the nature of his claims or the likely outcome," said MSF Governing Board Chair Judy Shepard in a statement issued yesterday. "But because the lawsuitpresumably involves the physical attack prompted by Mr. Hilton'sadmitted use of an anti-gay slur, the Foundation will be unable toaccept any funds obtained in such a manner."
Perez Hilton apologizes for gay slur
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- 'Goldfinch' movie: Let's pick our dream cast
- 'Into the Woods': 10 new production photos
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- Daniel Radcliffe: How Spider-Man let him be a fly on the wall in S.D.
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity
Top 5 Most Read
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- Comic-Con '14 Star Portraits: Day 3