Celebrity gossip blogger Perez Hilton apologized yesterday for using a gay slur against the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am at a Toronto nightclub on June 22. "I am sorry," Hilton (né Mario Lavandeira) posted on his website. "And I mean it. No one is forcing me to write this. I am notfeeling pressured to say this. I am speaking out because I realize thatthe last few days have been more hurtful to me — and many others — thanthe repeated blows I suffered to my head in Toronto this past weekend." Hilton is suing the Peas' tour manager, Polo Molina, for $25,000 for allegedly hitting him outside the Toronto club, and says he plans to donate any money he may gain from the suit to the Matthew Shepard Foundation. However, that organization, which supports diversity programs in education, has declined the offer. "We do not know the details of the lawsuit, whether it has been filed,the nature of his claims or the likely outcome," said MSF Governing Board Chair Judy Shepard in a statement issued yesterday. "But because the lawsuitpresumably involves the physical attack prompted by Mr. Hilton'sadmitted use of an anti-gay slur, the Foundation will be unable toaccept any funds obtained in such a manner."
Perez Hilton apologizes for gay slur
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Star Wars' trailer wish list: VII things we hope to see
- Thanksgiving Day Parade: How'd it look to you?
- 10 movies that serve up memorable Thanksgivings
- 10 Thanksgivings with 'Friends'
- Retire? Liars! 12 musical acts who said goodbye... doesn't mean forever
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister