While news had spread earlier today that TLC stars Jon and Kate Gosselin filed for divorce, the estranged couple made their separation official on tonight's episode of Jon & Kate Plus Eight. After 10 years of marriage, the two will raise their children separately (Kate will live in their Pennsylvania home, while Jon has reportedly been house hunting in New York City). While neither party said the word "divorce" during the episode, the show cutaway to the news that the marriage of Jon and Kate Gosselin had been "dissolved" as of today. As for how the split might have an impact on her children, Kate said, "I know it's going to be hard for them and it's not what I wanted for them," but added, "We'll find happiness in this somewhere." Jon agreed that the split was necessary for the sake of the children, noting, "It's not good for us to be arguing in front of the kids." The show is slated for 40 episodes this season and, according to Jon and Kate, it will continue for the duration of the season, but with both parents doing activities separately.
Jun 23 2009 02:12 AM ET
Jon and Kate Gosselin officially announce separation on their show
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!