Sources confirm to EW that Grey's Anatomy star Katherine Heigl's option has been picked up for another season of the ABC series. At the end of the last season of the medical drama, the fate of Heigl's character, Izzie, was left uncertain, as she underwent brain surgery following a diagnosis of stage 4 brain and liver cancer. Heigl had been rumored to be looking to exit the show in order to focus on her film career but in public statements maintained her desire to continue in the role.
Katherine Heigl to return to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance': TV recaps
- 'Suits' boss talks what's next for Louis and Co. after 'This Is Rome'
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter reveals how many club members will die
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- #DontKillSeanBean: 'Legends' star on his mastery of on-screen demise
Top 5 Most Read
- Stephanie Jacobsen joins 'NCIS'... as a love interest for DiNozzo?
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': This story is 'a giant responsibility'
- David Letterman airs Robin Williams tribute
- Kurt Sutter reveals how many 'Sons of Anarchy' club members will die
- 'Sons of Anarchy' gets official book -- and series finale air date