Sources confirm to EW that Grey's Anatomy star Katherine Heigl's option has been picked up for another season of the ABC series. At the end of the last season of the medical drama, the fate of Heigl's character, Izzie, was left uncertain, as she underwent brain surgery following a diagnosis of stage 4 brain and liver cancer. Heigl had been rumored to be looking to exit the show in order to focus on her film career but in public statements maintained her desire to continue in the role.
Katherine Heigl to return to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast, Movies, at SAG Awards; see full list of honorees
- Miss Universe 2015: 10 out of this world moments
- 'Outlander' returns in April--but you can see comeback episode's first scene here now
- SAG Awards 2015: 10 favorite speeches
- SAG Awards 2015: Red carpet arrivals
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' sneak peek: 'See you in court, kids'
- EW's SAG Awards Party 2015: What the stars wore
- 'Downton Abbey'; 'SNL'; 'Galavant'; 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' recaps