Sources confirm to EW that Grey's Anatomy star Katherine Heigl's option has been picked up for another season of the ABC series. At the end of the last season of the medical drama, the fate of Heigl's character, Izzie, was left uncertain, as she underwent brain surgery following a diagnosis of stage 4 brain and liver cancer. Heigl had been rumored to be looking to exit the show in order to focus on her film career but in public statements maintained her desire to continue in the role.
Katherine Heigl to return to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And the mirrorball goes to...
- 'The Flash'; 'Supernatural'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; more TV recaps
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- Black Friday preview: Where to find deals on Blu-ray, books, videogames
- Jim Parsons gets a read on 1922 play 'Merton of the Movies': 'a very visceral link to the past'
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'