DreamWorks Animation is pushing forward with a new untitled ghost project, referred to internally as Boo U., about a ghost who is bad at his job and must return to ghost school. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Tony Leondis (Igor) will direct, and writer Jon Vitti (The Simpsons Movie) has been tapped for the screenplay. DreamWorks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg has said the ghost picture would hit theaters in late 2012. Meanwhile, Katzenberg has mandated that all future projects will be made in the 3D format. 2009's Monsters vs. Aliens has grossed $362 million worldwide.
DreamWorks greenlights animated ghost project 'Boo U'
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive