DreamWorks Animation is pushing forward with a new untitled ghost project, referred to internally as Boo U., about a ghost who is bad at his job and must return to ghost school. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Tony Leondis (Igor) will direct, and writer Jon Vitti (The Simpsons Movie) has been tapped for the screenplay. DreamWorks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg has said the ghost picture would hit theaters in late 2012. Meanwhile, Katzenberg has mandated that all future projects will be made in the 3D format. 2009's Monsters vs. Aliens has grossed $362 million worldwide.
DreamWorks greenlights animated ghost project 'Boo U'
- J.K. Rowling digs into Dolores Umbridge in new Pottermore story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 'Today' and 'GMA' Halloween: Lara Spencer as Prince George; Hoda and Kathie Lee in Wayne's World
- 'Two and a Half Men' returns: 'Duckie's gettin' lucky'
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang' Theory; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Parenthood'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 17 creepiest TV shows
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Jim Carrey reprises his Matthew McConaughey impression on 'Letterman'