The Republican National Committee protested ABC News' plan for an upcoming special on President Barack Obama's health care plan, claiming the network failed to balance the President's message with any Republican response. RNC chief of staff Ken McKay sent a letter to ABC News, posted on The Drudge Report, criticizing the network and citing concerns that "this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda." ABC News' senior vice president Kerry Smith responded that the network "will have complete editorial control" of the health care special, slated to air June 24 from the White House. "To suggest otherwise is quite unfair to both our journalists and our audience."
Republicans criticize ABC News for Obama health-care "infomercial"
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Toil and Till'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi talk 'Toil and Till'
- Fall TV 2014: EW critics pick 6 new series to watch
- 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Big Brother'; 'Dancing With the Stars': Tuesday TV recaps
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- Fantastic Fest 2014: 22 wonderfully weird films in Austin
- 'Breaking Bad': 'Ozymandias' writer and director look back at milestone episode
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 539
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 481
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 375
- No Blood On His Hands 331
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Tom Hiddleston to star in King-Kong spin-off, 'Skull Island'
- 'Revenge' first look: Watch the trailer for season 4
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: No second chance for a second dance