The Republican National Committee protested ABC News' plan for an upcoming special on President Barack Obama's health care plan, claiming the network failed to balance the President's message with any Republican response. RNC chief of staff Ken McKay sent a letter to ABC News, posted on The Drudge Report, criticizing the network and citing concerns that "this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda." ABC News' senior vice president Kerry Smith responded that the network "will have complete editorial control" of the health care special, slated to air June 24 from the White House. "To suggest otherwise is quite unfair to both our journalists and our audience."
Republicans criticize ABC News for Obama health-care "infomercial"
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' recap: 'It's Like a Booze Cruise With Knowledge'
- 'Bachelor' recap: Like a camping virgin
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo comedy among 4 new ABC pilots
- NBC pilot orders for Monica Potter comedy, 'Sharing' from Jimmy Fallon
- 'Jane the Virgin'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'The Originals'; 'Gotham'; more TV recaps
- 'Secretary' re-release trailer/poster: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' roots are showing
- SAG and Producers Guild shake up Oscar odds in Best Picture, Best Actor races