The Republican National Committee protested ABC News' plan for an upcoming special on President Barack Obama's health care plan, claiming the network failed to balance the President's message with any Republican response. RNC chief of staff Ken McKay sent a letter to ABC News, posted on The Drudge Report, criticizing the network and citing concerns that "this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda." ABC News' senior vice president Kerry Smith responded that the network "will have complete editorial control" of the health care special, slated to air June 24 from the White House. "To suggest otherwise is quite unfair to both our journalists and our audience."
Republicans criticize ABC News for Obama health-care "infomercial"
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- Farrelly Brothers on mastering their 'Dumb' moves
- 'Dancing With the Stars' got game: What to make of that Super Mario number?
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1' and 'Far Cry 4': You take aim in this week's mailbag
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- 8 simple Netflix tricks to try this weekend (from TIME)
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer