The Republican National Committee protested ABC News' plan for an upcoming special on President Barack Obama's health care plan, claiming the network failed to balance the President's message with any Republican response. RNC chief of staff Ken McKay sent a letter to ABC News, posted on The Drudge Report, criticizing the network and citing concerns that "this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda." ABC News' senior vice president Kerry Smith responded that the network "will have complete editorial control" of the health care special, slated to air June 24 from the White House. "To suggest otherwise is quite unfair to both our journalists and our audience."
Republicans criticize ABC News for Obama health-care "infomercial"
- 'Star Wars Rebels' First Look: Inquisitor in action
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Leprechaun: Origins': First Look at troublemaker
- 'Hannibal' yuks it up: Season 2 blooper reel
- Misha Collins' Scavenger Hunt: No record is safe?
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Reign' cast: Can you ID the 'stealth nerd'?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived