The Republican National Committee protested ABC News' plan for an upcoming special on President Barack Obama's health care plan, claiming the network failed to balance the President's message with any Republican response. RNC chief of staff Ken McKay sent a letter to ABC News, posted on The Drudge Report, criticizing the network and citing concerns that "this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda." ABC News' senior vice president Kerry Smith responded that the network "will have complete editorial control" of the health care special, slated to air June 24 from the White House. "To suggest otherwise is quite unfair to both our journalists and our audience."
Republicans criticize ABC News for Obama health-care "infomercial"
- 'Walking Dead': Get up to speed in 60 seconds
- Rory Gilmore Reading Project creator to dive into all 338 books named on series; 7 he's liked so far
- 'Big Bang Theory' recap: 7 favorite laugh lines
- 'Castle' season premiere: Your take on 'Driven'?
- 'Castle' boss tips us off to 5 things to look for this season
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'Gotham'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more recaps
- 'SNL': Bill Hader on chat with Lorne Michaels about Pete Davidson ('By the way, do you want to host?')
- 'Gotham' trailer previews full season, intros Victor Zsasz
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl
- 'Castle' season 7 premiere recap: Where in the world is Richard Castle?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Raining on prom night
- Tony Almeida wants out of solitary in new '24' Blu-ray feature
- 'Mythbusters': Discovery responds to fan outrage over dumping Kari Byron