The Republican National Committee protested ABC News' plan for an upcoming special on President Barack Obama's health care plan, claiming the network failed to balance the President's message with any Republican response. RNC chief of staff Ken McKay sent a letter to ABC News, posted on The Drudge Report, criticizing the network and citing concerns that "this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda." ABC News' senior vice president Kerry Smith responded that the network "will have complete editorial control" of the health care special, slated to air June 24 from the White House. "To suggest otherwise is quite unfair to both our journalists and our audience."
Republicans criticize ABC News for Obama health-care "infomercial"
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 'Dallas' star Patrick Duffy still has 'Man From Atlantis' eyes, recalls Lynda Carter crush
- Jennifer Garner and Denis Leary in 'Draft Day' scene you didn't see; watch it here
- 'Masters of Sex' costume designer on taking series' style into 1960
- 'Love Prison': Watch episode 1 of A&E's online-daters-on-a-deserted-island series
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies