Boston-born novelist Michael Thomas was awarded the Dublin Literary Award for his debut novel, Man Gone Down, according to the AFP. The prize is among the literary world's most lucrative, with a cash award of $140,000. Thomas beat out a pool of finalists that included Junot Diaz' Pulitzer Prize winning The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.
Jun 12 2009 12:05 AM ET
Author Michael Thomas win $140,000 literary prize
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!
- Jimmy Kimmel: Not the 'Nude Bea' buyer
- 'Fast & Furious': 5 films in 1 day?!