Boston-born novelist Michael Thomas was awarded the Dublin Literary Award for his debut novel, Man Gone Down, according to the AFP. The prize is among the literary world's most lucrative, with a cash award of $140,000. Thomas beat out a pool of finalists that included Junot Diaz' Pulitzer Prize winning The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.
Jun 12 2009 12:05 AM ET
Author Michael Thomas win $140,000 literary prize
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- KROQ Weenie Roast concert: Watch live
- Kanye video projected onto 66 buildings
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale