Star Trek and Lost overlord J.J. Abrams has been asked by Tom Cruise to be a producer on Mission: Impossible 4 according to the new issue of TV Guide (you can see a scan of the relevant page here.) Abrams was the director of 2006's Mission: Impossible III but it is unclear as to whether he will also return in that capacity. In the TV Guide article the producer-director is quoted as saying, "Tom and I have come up with a really cool idea."
J.J. Abrams returns for 'Mission: Impossible 4'
- 'Survivor' quick take: Worst lie ever?
- Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder talk 'Vampire Diaries': 'Eerily deceiving and odd' grief
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- Maleficent admirers pay tribute on 'Sleeping Beauty' Blu-ray: Sneak peek
- 'Parenthood' sneak peek: Julia and Joel 'have to talk about us'
- J.K. Simmons toys with Miles Teller in 'Whiplash' scene
Top 5 Most Read
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- Which new fall show will be canceled first?
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- Ryan Murphy debuts creepy, stop-motion 'AHS: Freak Show' main titles