Star Trek and Lost overlord J.J. Abrams has been asked by Tom Cruise to be a producer on Mission: Impossible 4 according to the new issue of TV Guide (you can see a scan of the relevant page here.) Abrams was the director of 2006's Mission: Impossible III but it is unclear as to whether he will also return in that capacity. In the TV Guide article the producer-director is quoted as saying, "Tom and I have come up with a really cool idea."
J.J. Abrams returns for 'Mission: Impossible 4'
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Scandal': Michael Trucco as Abby's ex
- Ariana Grande goes DIY for 'Bang Bang' rap verse in U.K.
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
Top 5 Most Read
- Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature 'Moana'
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of 'Walking Dead'?
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: A pecs-tacular shirtless week
- 'Gotham' costume secrets: Revealing details you may have missed
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack to be released on cassette tapes