Star Trek and Lost overlord J.J. Abrams has been asked by Tom Cruise to be a producer on Mission: Impossible 4 according to the new issue of TV Guide (you can see a scan of the relevant page here.) Abrams was the director of 2006's Mission: Impossible III but it is unclear as to whether he will also return in that capacity. In the TV Guide article the producer-director is quoted as saying, "Tom and I have come up with a really cool idea."
J.J. Abrams returns for 'Mission: Impossible 4'
- 'Amazing Race' recap: And the winners are...
- 'Gravity,' 'Her' share L.A. Critics' top prize
- '12 Years a Slave': Best Pic for Boston, N.Y. critics
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M
- Kennedy Center Honors: D.C. salutes five artists
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Nico Vega goes 'Bang Bang'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie line in Sweden
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Amazing Race' recap: The Final Frontier
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO
- Paris Hilton's brother assaulted at party
- Los Angeles Film Critics Awards: 'Gravity' ties with 'Her' for Best Picture, James Franco ties with Jared Leto
- Peter Jackson on bringing the 'Hobbit' villain Smaug to life: 'He's the Hannibal Lecter of the dragon world.'