Controversy magnet Carrie Prejean has lost her Miss California crown, Fox News is reporting. The Miss USA contestant, who last month was allowed to keep her title by pageant owner Donald Trump after semi-nude photos of her surfaced, has been let go by pageant producers K2 Productions, who cited "contract violations" as the sole reason for the decision. TMZ reports that Trump fired her for failing to get clearance to do extracurricular activities. "I told Carrie she needed to get back to work and honor her contract with the Miss California Organization and I gave her the opportunity to do so," Trump concurred in the announcement of today's firing. "Unfortunately, it just doesn’t look like it is going to happen." Runner-up Tami Farrell will now take the place of Prejean, who recently substituted as anchor of Fox News Channel's morning show Fox & Friends.
Carrie Prejean stripped of the Miss California crown
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'If I Stay' aims to evict 'Turtles' from top spot at box office
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 25 greatest TV spies ever
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- Binge watcher rises to EW's 24-hour Emmy challenge, adds live Twitter commentary
- Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift video showdown: Pick your winner
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?