Controversy magnet Carrie Prejean has lost her Miss California crown, Fox News is reporting. The Miss USA contestant, who last month was allowed to keep her title by pageant owner Donald Trump after semi-nude photos of her surfaced, has been let go by pageant producers K2 Productions, who cited "contract violations" as the sole reason for the decision. TMZ reports that Trump fired her for failing to get clearance to do extracurricular activities. "I told Carrie she needed to get back to work and honor her contract with the Miss California Organization and I gave her the opportunity to do so," Trump concurred in the announcement of today's firing. "Unfortunately, it just doesn’t look like it is going to happen." Runner-up Tami Farrell will now take the place of Prejean, who recently substituted as anchor of Fox News Channel's morning show Fox & Friends.
Carrie Prejean stripped of the Miss California crown
- 'Of Mice and Men': EW stage review
- 'Survivor' recap: The Man Who Could Not Stand Still
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'Dawson's Creek': Kevin Williamson on how it ended
- 'Vampire Diaries': Paul Wesley nixes shirtless Stefan
- 'Arrow' react: 'The Man Under the Hood'
- 'Friends': The one about making the finale final
- '30 Rock': What made Liz Lemon's sendoff so sweet?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson's picture-perfect reaction to the Purple Wedding -- PHOTO
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features
- 'The Simpsons' producers spill details on Lego episode; plus, first image of Lego Homer!