British singer Pete Doherty was fined by Swiss authorities after testing positive for heroin use, the Associated Press reported today. The 30-year-old Babyshambles lead singer, who has a storied history with drug use, was arrested after reportedly being found on a British Airways flight from London to Geneva slumped over in a bathroom with a used syringe in the vicinity. Swiss police declined to say how much he was fined, but reported that he was released following the incident.
Jun 8 2009 08:21 PM ET
Rocker Pete Doherty arrested in Geneva for heroin
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!