Neil Patrick Harris has been cast in two new films, according to the Hollywood Reporter. In indie comedy Best, the recent Tony Awards host will star as a father who moves with his status-conscious wife and young child from Delaware to New York City's Upper East Side; co-stars will include Amy Sedaris and John Hodgman. Harris also landed a supporting role in Beastly, an updated take on the "Beauty and the Beast" story starring Alex Pettyfer, Mary-Kate Olsen, and Vanessa Hudgens.
Neil Patrick Harris lands two movie roles
- 27 DreamWorks animated movies: We rank 'em
- 10 signs you're watching a Wes Anderson movie
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
- 'Reign'-ing sound? TV tunes of the week
- Seth MacFarlane: Inside the new 'Cosmos' ship
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 5 ideas for Dr. Burke
- 8 TV stars who proved you can go home again
- 'Bachelor': Chris vs. Juan Pablo on Andi's exit
Top 5 Most Read
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments -- VIDEO
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll Down a Familiar Road