Reuters is reporting that Dave Gahan, the frontman of the British New Wave band Depeche Mode, underwent surgery to remove a "low grade malignant" tumor on his bladder. The singer was rushed to a hospital for severe stomach pains just prior to a May 12 concert in Athens. According to the band’s website, the tour will resume in Leipzig, Germany, on June 8, after Gahan has a chance to recover from the surgery. An additional eight concerts across Europe have had to be rescheduled.
May 28 2009 09:25 PM ET
Depeche Mode lead singer Dave Gahan has tumor removed
- Sam Taylor-Johnson to direct 'Fifty Shades'
- Danielle Bradbery deal with Big Machine
- 'Voice': Danielle Bradbery wins season 4
- Andy Samberg: 'Comedy Bang! Bang!' clip
- Doug Savant to guest on 'Rizzoli & Isles'
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson: Shakespeare in N.Y.
- 'Veronica Mars': Max Greenfield's in
- 'Way Way Back' featurette: First Look