Reuters is reporting that Dave Gahan, the frontman of the British New Wave band Depeche Mode, underwent surgery to remove a "low grade malignant" tumor on his bladder. The singer was rushed to a hospital for severe stomach pains just prior to a May 12 concert in Athens. According to the band’s website, the tour will resume in Leipzig, Germany, on June 8, after Gahan has a chance to recover from the surgery. An additional eight concerts across Europe have had to be rescheduled.
May 28 2009 09:25 PM ET
Depeche Mode lead singer Dave Gahan has tumor removed
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Amanda Bynes: 'Don't believe any reports'
- 'Fast & Furious 6': Sung Kang says...
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Blue Is the Warmest Color': Cannes review
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!