Barbra Streisand has signed a deal with Viking for an illustrated book called "A Passion for Design," which will detail her thoughts and memories on the design and construction of her dream home in Malibu, California, the Associated Press reports. While this book, scheduled to be published in fall 2010, will only contain about 50,000 words of text, another Streisand book may be on the horizon. The 67-year-old singer/icon has been quietly mulling over whether to finally write her memoir. She’s been working on chapters in longhand. But will she ever publish it? "I go back and forth," Streisand told the AP. "Do I really want to write about my life? Do I really want to relive my life? I’m not sure." Ironically, Streisand’s former lover, Jon Peters, got into hot water last week over his proposed memoir and canceled his book deal with Harper Collins. (He’ll still write the book, however.) Peters produced one of Streisand’s biggest hits, A Star is Born, in 1976. Streisand is currently married to actor James Brolin.
May 27 2009 11:55 PM ET
Barbra Streisand writing a memoir?
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- Seth Meyers on 'SNL' transition: 'Today'
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?
- 'Warehouse 13' canceled by Syfy
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- Kanye video projected onto 66 buildings