Barbra Streisand has signed a deal with Viking for an illustrated book called "A Passion for Design," which will detail her thoughts and memories on the design and construction of her dream home in Malibu, California, the Associated Press reports. While this book, scheduled to be published in fall 2010, will only contain about 50,000 words of text, another Streisand book may be on the horizon. The 67-year-old singer/icon has been quietly mulling over whether to finally write her memoir. She’s been working on chapters in longhand. But will she ever publish it? "I go back and forth," Streisand told the AP. "Do I really want to write about my life? Do I really want to relive my life? I’m not sure." Ironically, Streisand’s former lover, Jon Peters, got into hot water last week over his proposed memoir and canceled his book deal with Harper Collins. (He’ll still write the book, however.) Peters produced one of Streisand’s biggest hits, A Star is Born, in 1976. Streisand is currently married to actor James Brolin.
May 27 2009 11:55 PM ET
Barbra Streisand writing a memoir?
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- Stephen Colbert: Moving tribute to late mom
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?