Actress Carol Cole, the older sister of singer Natalie Cole, has died at age 64, according to the Associated Press, reportedly due to lung cancer. Carol passed away on Monday, May 18, the same day that Natalie, 59, received a successful kidney transplant. An adopted daughter of entertainer Nat King Cole, Carol had featured roles in Sanford and Son, its short-lived spin-off Grady, and the 1974 movie The Taking of Pelham One Two Three.
May 22 2009 10:35 PM ET
Carol Cole, actress and older sister of Natalie Cole, dies at 64
- 'Dancing With the Stars' champs are...
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'SNL' Host of the Year: Vote!
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale