Despite rumors spreading rapidly this morning, actor Patrick Swayze has not died. "This is to confirm that Patrick Swayze did not pass away this morning contrary to severely reckless reports stemming from a radio station in Jacksonville, Florida," his publicist said in a statement. "Swayze is alive, well and is enjoying his life and he continues to respond to treatment." Swayze, 56, was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in January 2008. In July of that year, he began working 12-hour days, while undergoing chemotherapy, on the A&E drama series The Beast. The show debuted in January 2009. The season finale aired last month.
May 19 2009 05:28 PM ET
Patrick Swayze is 'alive, well,' according to rep
- 'Dancing With the Stars' champs are...
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale
- Microsoft debuts next-gen Xbox One