Despite rumors spreading rapidly this morning, actor Patrick Swayze has not died. "This is to confirm that Patrick Swayze did not pass away this morning contrary to severely reckless reports stemming from a radio station in Jacksonville, Florida," his publicist said in a statement. "Swayze is alive, well and is enjoying his life and he continues to respond to treatment." Swayze, 56, was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in January 2008. In July of that year, he began working 12-hour days, while undergoing chemotherapy, on the A&E drama series The Beast. The show debuted in January 2009. The season finale aired last month.
May 19 2009 05:28 PM ET
Patrick Swayze is 'alive, well,' according to rep
- 'Arrested Development': We'll binge/recap
- Memorial Day TV marathons: What's on
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- TV season finales: EW grades
- 'Arrested Development': Funkes in town!
- Jimmy Kimmel: Not the 'Nude Bea' buyer
- 'Fast & Furious': 5 films in 1 day?!
- TV music: Our wishlist (and yours?)